Friday, September 17, 2010

I was born a poor white child...

I love to quote "The Jerk"... It's one of my things, LOL

Okay.... Now on to what we are here about, one of the most important things in a lot of peoples lives and something most take for granted....Music.

My earliest memory is being baby sat at my Aunt Barb's and hearing this amazing thing, a thing like nothing before... This was not Sesame Street or any other children's music It was AWESOME!!! So I popped out the 8-track (yeah I knew how to operate this stuff at a young age) and I look to see the "The Beatles 1962-1966" and I was listening to "Eleanor Rigby"and I was hooked on music for life.

Through the years I have listened objectionably to everything...Or at least tried. I am not the type that will tell you your favorite band sucks and leave it at that, I will tell you why I think they suck and may even tell how they could have been good, but failed.

I have gotten caught up in what was popular and also been on the fringe. I have seen great music live. I have heard great music on 8-track, vinyl, cassette, CD and digitally.I have seen bands rule the world and record companies try to kill what I love.

I'm looking forward to sharing views with others and maybe finding some new great bands, rediscovering or introducing bands myself and some good discussions from the others on this blog.

Let me wrap this up by saying the most important thing you can do is go see a band live, it's the best way to show support in this day and age and if you truly like something vote with your wallet, let 'em know

-Greg Warren-

No comments:

Post a Comment