Thursday, October 7, 2010

What the hell America?!?!?!?!

So the cast of Glee now has the record for most top 100 singles by a non solo act, beating out the Beatles....


WHAT THE HELL AMERICA!!!!

This is everything that is wrong today in music, Glee and American Idol top the charts with cover of 30+ year old songs and real musicians get zero promotion.

To me this means one of two things (maybe both I guess).... Either everyone loves these old songs (possible) or being on TV is the best promotion ever (most likely)

Remember MTV and when they played music? MTV killed the music industry more then downloaders ever did. When they stopped playing videos then music started to sell less, nobody buys what they don't know exists.

Please... If you are buying this for your tweens let them know where it comes from, who originally recorded it, play them the better version, the original version.

That's all I have for now.... I am at a loss for words

-G

2 comments:

  1. This is doing the COMPLETE opposite of what Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc was doing for catalog music.

    Insane.

    I cannot believe that Kidz Bop versions (which is essentially what this shit is) of great songs can topple The Beatles.

    But as you said, it just goes to show that people will buy what they know is available. The time of artists "selling out" is through.

    If any major act wants to get noticed, they really need to start using TV & the internet as a far more useful tool than they are currently.

    -Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was running a label I would throw as much cash as I could to promote Fuse and VH1, 2 stations that still play some videos... Anything to reach more people.

    And if I hear any kid tell me that "Don't stop believing" by Glee is great I will smack them...

    Hard

    ReplyDelete