Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's the least wonderful time of the year...

I hate Christmas music, and it started today....

Yep, hate it. I used to think it had something to do with working retail and the fact that it is pumped in 24/7 ad nausea, but I didn't really like it as a kid either.

Now I know that a lot of people may see this and call me a grinch or whatever, and I know it signals the beginning of a time that most people enjoy.... But let's face it, the music sucks!

Anyone who wants to argue please tell me when is the last time you cranked "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" in July? You didn't cuz the actual music is awful.

I totally understand getting into a mood, but does the music really help that much? All it does to me is sound like nails on a chalk board with all the corny, cheesy lyrics and music. It is nearly impossible to make a Christmas song sound like it came from this decade, no matter how new the song may be, it still sounds 50+ years old. The only act that I have heard make a Christmas song sound good? Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" and that even sounded tongue in cheek.

Now I'm not saying cancel all Christmas music, hell...That's a losing battle anyways,LOL. What I would like though is laying off til black Friday... PLEASE!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like Christmas music, but it should be played where it belongs... a week before Christmas, or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I hear "Wonderful Christmastime" it makes me want to punch an infant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan... I bet you don't like Christmas music as much as you like what it symbolizes, Christmas time. Like I said.... Prove it by jamming out "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" in May, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could ALWAYS do without Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer. I did, however, have A Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack and the Trans Siberian Orchestra in my iPod through most of the year. I only removed them because the iPod kept choosing songs from those albums.

    Again, I like the music at Christmas time, so yeah, I was basically saying it was because of the symbolism. It's part of the feel of the season. I don't want that feeling on Halloween though ;)

    ReplyDelete